Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Far So Good!

This past Saturday evening I competed in the Boston University Terrier Invitational running the 5,000 meter. This race was further confirmation that my work with ChiRunning and Kripalu Yoga is paying off.

Although I am only runnng about 30-40 miles a week with no workouts I still managed to run a 4 second personal best for 5,000 meters with a time of 15:24 (4:57 mile pace). My previous best came four years ago when I was still in college and training much more traditionally.

It is comforting to me to know that I am still improving as a runner. Sometimes you have to take a step back (see my last post) to move forward.

It is still cold and we are supposed to get pounded with snow again tomorrow making training more difficult. I will continue to train in a way that works for me and look forward to setting several more PRs throughout the course of 2009.

No comments: